Why consider Thailand for your retirement?
Known as the “The Land of Smiles”, Thailand offers expats retiring here plenty to smile about — a low cost of living, tropical clime, culture that respects older people plus no tax on retiree income from abroad.
WHY BUY A PROPERTY AT SUNPLAY BANGSARAY?
LOCATION – THE CENTRE OF THAILAND’S NEW EASTERN ECONOMIC CORRIDOR (“EEC”)
- The Thai Government is committed to the development of the EEC, with strong investment incentives for the Private Sector to encourage high-tech industries such as advanced robotics, integrated aviation training and servicing, biofuels research, digital technology and a medical / healthcare hub.
- Sunplay is in the heart of the EEC, where over Baht 1.5 trillion (USD 43 billion) will be spent developing the zone over the next 5 years;
THE EASTERN ECONOMIC CORRIDOR
Combined Public and Private Investments At Least
Baht 1.5 Trillion (USD 43 billion) in the first 5 years
- The EEC is already a major tourism and industrial area, with over 13.7 million visitors a year, Thailand’s main port and its largest industrial estates.
TWO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS:
- 1 ½ hour drive from Suvannabhumi International Airport (Bangkok’s and Thailand’s largest international airport).
- 20 minutes from U-Tapao International Airport, which is currently undergoing a Baht 1.7 billion expansion, increasing its capacity to 3 million passengers per annum by the end of 2017, with a target of 8 million by the end of 2020.
- Already AirAsia, Nok Air and Thai Lion Air fly in from several significant Chinese Provinces Hunan, Hainan, Jiangsi and Zhejiang), Macao, Russia and Malaysia. More destinations are expected to follow, including Singapore, Hong Kong, the Middle East and Europe.
Qatar Air already has daily A380 Flights to Middle East.
- U-Tapao is a key part of the EEC expansion programme.
OTHER REASONS WHY THIS IS THE IDEAL LOCATION:
- In addition to being in the EEC, Sunplay is located near;
- 3 International Schools within 20 kilometres (Regents, Rugby, St Andrews)
10 golf courses within 30 minutes-drive.
- Over 13.7 million tourists in the area (2016) and over 8 million for the first half of 2017.
- 3 International hospitals within 20 kilometres
- 4 kilometres from picturesque Bangsaray fishing village
- One of Thailand’s largest luxury marinas is nearby and guests may depart for the multitude of outlying islands.
- 25 kilometres from Pattaya, one of Thailand’s largest cities
- 4 kilometres from Thailand’s largest waterpark.
THAILAND – RANKED IN THE TOP 10 WORLD RETIREMENT LOCATIONS:
- Thailand is safe
- The currency, economy and the political environment are all considered stable
- Over 38 million visitors to Thailand in 2016
- Thailand has been ranked by Forbes Magazine as the World’s 9th Best Retirement destination
- Over 70 million population
PROPERTY OWNERSHIP IS SECURE:
- All the properties are held on a Chanote Title, Thailand’s highest form of freehold title …very secure.
- The Condominiums may be owned on freehold (strata) title, with 49% (by saleable area of the condominium) of each building available for registered foreign ownership. Strata titles are issued to foreign investors.
- We are selling all villas on a freehold (chanote title) basis.
- For land ownership, long term leases (30 years, plus additional 30 + 30 years renewal options), are available for foreign investors.
- Thais and Thai companies may own these villas and land on a freehold basis.
A VARIETY OF RESIDENT VISAS AVAILABLE:
- Retirement Visas (requiring Baht 800,000 to be held in your own bank account at time of application).
- Thailand Elite Visas (5 to 20-year resident visas)
- Our Concierge service will work with legal specialists to process client’s visas
FAVOURABLE TAX INCENTIVES
- Only taxed on Thai generated income.
THE PROPERTY AS AN INVESTMENT
- It is expected that many of the buyers will long term residents.
- Others will be investors.
- Rental yields of around 5% per annum are suggested by Colliers International
- Capital gains are expected to be significant as the 5-year EEC investment programme sees around USD 43 billion spent in the area
- Rentals are taxable at rates dependent on the structure on ownership.
- Sunplay will manage the entire compound and provide investors with;
° Rental and sales management via our database
° Maintenance services
° Property management services
° 24-hour security services
° Introduction to providers of legal, tax and accounting services
PRICES ARE VERY COMPETITIVE…less than one third of Bangkok prices
- It has recently been reported that condominiums in Bangkok have hit prices of over Baht 600,000 per square metre, with Baht 350,000 per square metre now very common for high end condominiums.
- Land on the Beach at near bye Jomtien and Pattaya are reaching Baht 30 million a rai, with some being sold as high as Baht 50 million per rai ( 1 rai equals 1,600 m2 )
- Sunplay is quoting Baht 125,000 per m2 for its high-end condominiums and Baht 6 million per rai for land.
SUNPLAY IS A QUALITY, HIGH-END PRODUCT
- Condominiums designed by Thailand’s leading architects, A 49
- Villas designed by leading international architects, GFAB
- Situated within a 28-hectare private secure compound
- Managed by Sunplay, with an emphasis on Thailand’s world renowned service quality
- Access to a 2,300 square metre Club House of international standard.
- All support services provided by a 5-Star Concierge Service, aligned with the management company and the Club.
OUR SHAREHOLDERS INCLUDE:
- the original land owners, who live within Sunplay.
- The former Executive Chairman, board directors and major shareholders of Raimon Land PLC, a well reputed residential developer, listed on the Thai Stock Exchange,
- The former Chairman of Golden Land, PLC.
- A former Audit Committee Member of Eastern Star Pcl. (also listed)
- Members of the Thai family which owns the Siam Country Club (63-hole golf course and the location of the Ladies PGA), the nearby Movenpick Hotel Jomtien and the Siam@Siam Hotel chain.
- The founder of one of Thailand’s largest outbound travel agencies ( Siam Express )
- Various international businessmen from Hong Kong, Dubai, Barcelona and Singapore.
Tell me a little about Thailand
- Located in the heart of South-East Asia, Thailand has common borders with four countries: (1) Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) in the West; (2) Laos and (3) Cambodia in the East; and (4) Malaysia in the South.
- Thailand’s population is 78 million people.
- Bangkok is the Capital, with more than 14 million people
- Thailand is one of the most prominent Buddhist countries in the world; more than 90% of Thai citizens practice Buddhism.
- The geography of Thailand is very diverse. According to the Thai Tourism Authority, Thailand is the 50th largest country in the world, most nearly equal to the size of Spain.
- Southern Thailand is a beach-tropical environment; Central and Eastern Thailand is a plain-like environment, and Northern Thailand (highest point is 8,415 ft. above the sea level) is forested mountain land.
- Typically, air quality in the provinces of Thailand near the sea enjoy very good air quality all year round.
7 Great Reasons to make Thailand your Home
A wide variety of International TV stations
available as well as high-speed internet
What are the Visa requirements in Thailand?
Thailand, like most countries, offers a variety of visas The popular name of the Retirement Visa is the “Non-Immigrant OA-Long Stay Visa”.
- Retirement Visas are issued when applicants offer proof of income. Currently, applicants are require to prove that they have an annual income which exceeds Baht 65,000 per month (approximately USD 2,000).
- An alternative to this is that the applicant must have a bank account with a balance which exceeds Baht 800,000 (approximately USD 25,000). If an applicant does not meet the requirements, other visas are available.
- Retirement Visa entitles the holder a stay of one year in Thailand.
- There are no financial requirement for dependents.
- During the 1-year period, the holder of the Retirement Visa can come in and out of Thailand. Every 90-days, Retirement Visa holders must present themselves to local authorities. This presentation is straightforward and takes less than 2 hours.
- The holder must renew the Retirement Visa every year; Retirement Visa holders can renew their visa within Thailand.
- The Visa grants the holder benefits that are not available to guests on a tourist visa. These include to open a bank account, obtain a mobile phone package, obtain a Thai driver’s license and study at Thai Universities.
- The Visa holder does not have the ability to work and receive a legal wage in Thailand.
The applicant must be 50 years of age or over